Add Intra Bank Beneficiary in SBI Online : SBI (State Bank of India) has the most number of branches in India. Internet Banking in SBI is at par with most of the Private Banks, even better than some. If you are looking to transfer funds from SBI to SBI, first you need to add the Intra Bank Beneficiary in your Online SBI Account. The process to add an intra bank beneficiary in SBI is quite an easy task and does not take more than 3-4 mins if you have all the account information of the beneficiary. Only after you add the beneficiary in SBI Online, you can transfer funds through Internet Banking Account. We will guide you through the step by step procedure to add an intra bank beneficiary in SBI Online.
Procedure to Add an Intra Bank Beneficiary in SBI Online
In order to add an intra bank beneficiary in SBI Online, you need to first activate SBI Internet banking account. Once you have activated your Internet Banking Account in SBI, you need to follow the steps given below.
1) Visit the SBI Net Banking Login Page (https://retail.onlinesbi.com/retail/login.htm) and click on Continue to Login.
2) Login to SBI Net Banking Account by using your Username & Password.
4) Click on ‘Account of Others’ under Within SBI.5) Click on the Link which says ‘Click here to add a new Intra-Bank Beneficiary’ just besides the Amount box.6) Enter your Profile Password and click on Submit.8) Enter the Account Details of the Beneficiary (Name, Account Number, Confirm Account Number, Transfer Limit) and click on Submit.
9) As soon as you click on Submit, you will see a message as below :
“You have registered [Beneficiary Name] as a Intra-Bank Beneficiary to your accounts. High Security Password is sent to your mobile number: [Your Registered Mobile Number]. Use the Approve Intra-Bank Beneficiary tab to approve this Intra-Bank Beneficiary.”
Click on Approve Now to proceed to approve the intra bank beneficiary.
10) Select the Approve Beneficiary radio button. As soon as you select on Approve beneficiary radio button, you will be redirected to another page.
11) Choose any one option (i) Approve through ATM (IRATA), or (ii) Approve through OTP.
Approve through ATM : If you choose this option, an IRATA number will be generated and shown on the screen. You need to note down this number and use it to approve the beneficiary through any SBI ATM. To approve the Intra bank Beneficiary through ATM, You need to swipe your Card in SBI ATM, put your PIN and follow these instructions : Services –> Others –> Intra Banking Request Approval –> Enter the IRATA Number.
Approve through OTP : If you choose this option, an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. You need to enter the OTP in the space provided and the beneficiary will be approved.
As soon as the intra bank beneficiary is approved, you will see a message saying that you have successfully added and approved a new beneficiary for transfer of funds from your account.
Final Words :
The process to add intra-bank beneficiary in SBI is quite an easy process. Do remember that in order to transfer funds to the beneficiary, only approval is not enough. Till the beneficiary is not activated you will not be able to transfer funds. If the new beneficiary is approved between 6:00 am to 8:00 pm, it will be activated on the same day within 4 hours.
READ ALSO :