Change Address in HDFC Bank Account : HDFC Bank is one of the well known banks in India and Worldwide with a lot of options for every customer. Now if you already have a bank account in HDFC and you want to change your Address, we can help you with it. In order to change your Address in HDFC Bank Account, you need to visit your HDFC Bank Home Branch and follow a few easy steps and you’re done ! If you have changed your Address, you must change your Address in HDFC Bank Account immediately. All your Bank Documents will be sent to your Address which is updated with HDFC Bank. If you need to make a request for HDFC Cheque Book or ATM, you will get it on your registered address only. If you have your old or wrong address in your Bank Details, you will never ever get the requested documents. Today, we will tell you the Step by Step procedure to change your Address in HDFC Account.
How to Change Address in HDFC Bank Account ? (2 Methods)
You can Change Address in HDFC Bank Account by 2 methods :-
- Change HDFC Bank Account Address Online by Internet Banking.
- Change HDFC Bank Account Address Offline by Branch Visit.
Let us first tell you about the procedure to Change HDFC Bank Account Address Online.
How to Change your Address in HDFC Bank Account Online by Internet Banking ?
In order to Update your Address in HDFC Bank Account Online by Internet Banking, you need to follow the steps given below :
1) Open the HDFC Internet Banking Website –> https://netbanking.hdfcbank.com/netbanking/.
2) Enter your Customer ID , IPIN(Password) & Confirm your Secure Access Image and Message to login to HDFC Internet Banking Account.
5) To Update your Address in HDFC Account, scroll down and click on Update.
Note : Once you click on Update, you will be asked to change your address and upload the supporting document for your Address Change. In order to change your Address in HDFC Account Online, you must have a self-attested soft copy (Scanned Copy) of any of the following Address Proof.
- Driving License
- Voter ID Card
- Aadhaar Card/E-Aadhaar Letter
- Central or State Government issued ID Card
6) Enter your New Address under Address Details, Upload your Address Proof under Document Upload, Type the Code Shown, Put a tick mark on the Terms & Conditions box & Click on Submit.
Once you click on Submit, your Address Change Application will be sent to HDFC Bank. You will be notified once you address has been changed. You can also check the same by signing into your HDFC Net Banking Account.
How to Change your Address in HDFC Bank Account Offline by Branch Visit ?
In order to Update your Address in HDFC Bank Account Offline by Visiting the Branch, you need to follow the steps given below :
1) Gather all the documents required to change your address in HDFC Bank Account.
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Address
Note : Self Attested Photocopies & Originals of the above mentioned documents will be required.
2) Write an application to the Branch Manager mentioning your old and new address, your HDFC Account Details & Signature.
HDFC Account Details to be mentioned on the Address Change Application are as follows :
- Name on Account
- Bank Account Number
- Old Address
- New Address
3) Visit your HDFC Home Branch and ask for KYC Details Change Form, or Download HDFC KYC Details Change Form.
4) Submit your ID Proof, Address Proof, Address Change Application & Completely filled KYC Details Change Form to the Accounts Person of your Home Branch. Your new address will be updated in records of HDFC Bank in 1-2 working days.
5) As soon as the new Address is updated in the records of HDFC Bank, you are advised to update it on your Bank Account Passbook as well.
This is it ! This is the complete procedure to update your address in HDFC Account Offline by Branch Visit.
Final Words :
Although both the Online and Offline Processes to Change Address in HDFC Bank Account are easy. We would still suggest you to go with the Online Process as it saves a lot of time and energy. For those who want to follow the conventional offline method to change address in HDFC Account can do it offline and believe me it will not take more than 10 minutes once you reach your HDFC Home Branch. I suggest everyone reading this Article to change your Address in HDFC Account as soon as you relocate to a new address. If you have relocated to another city, you must check the process to transfer HDFC Account.
READ ALSO :