Change Address in SBI Account : State Bank of India is one of the most flexible banks in India with a lot of options for everything. Now if you already have a bank account in SBI and you want to change your Address, we can help you with it. In order to change your Address in SBI Bank Account, you need to visit your SBI Home Branch and follow a few easy steps and you’re done ! If you have relocated to a new Address, you must change your Address in SBI Bank Account immediately. All your Bank Documents will be sent to your Address which is updated with SBI. If you need to make a request for SBI Cheque Book or ATM, you will get it on your registered address only. If you have your old or wrong address in your Bank Details, you will never ever get the requested documents.
Today, we will tell you the Step by Step procedure to change your Address in SBI Account. Using these steps, you can also change your Address in SBI Associate Banks like State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur, State Bank of Hyderabad, State Bank of Mysore, State Bank of Patiala, State Bank of Travancore.
Steps to Change your Address in SBI Bank Account
In order to Update your Address in SBI Bank Account, you need to follow the steps given below :
1) Gather all the documents required to change your address in SBI Account.
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Address
- SBI Account Passbook
Note : Self Attested Photocopies & Originals of the above mentioned documents will be required.
2) Write an application to the Branch Manager mentioning your old and new address, your SBI Account Details & Signature.
SBI Account Details to be mentioned on the Address Change Application are as follows :
- Name on Account
- Bank Account Number
- Old Address
- New Address
3) Visit your SBI Home Branch and ask for KYC Details Change Form, or Download SBI KYC Details Change Form.
4) Submit your ID Proof, Address Proof, Address Change Application & Completely filled KYC Details Change Form to the Accounts Person of your Home Branch. Your new address will be updated in records of SBI in 1-2 working days.
5) As soon as the new Address is updated in the records of SBI, you are advised to update it on your Bank Account Passbook as well.
This is it ! This is the complete procedure to update your address in SBI Account.
Final Words :
The Process to change address in SBI Account is quite easy and will not take more than 10 minutes once you reach your SBI Home Branch. I suggest everyone reading this Article to change your Address in SBI Account as soon as you relocate to a new address. If you have relocated to another city, you must check the process to transfer SBI Account given below.
READ ALSO :