Check Nominee in SBI : State Bank of India is undoubtedly the largest and most trusted bank in India. It provides its account holders with a lot of Banking Products and options. When you open a new bank account in SBI, you get an option to Add a Nominee in SBI. At any point of time you have the option to change nominee for your SBI Account. However, you can also check Nominee in SBI anytime. All the details of the Nominee including the Name and Address can be known. The process to check nominee in SBI is quite easy and can be completed by both online and offline method.
In this Article, we will tell you how to :
- Check Nominee in SBI Online
- Check Nominee in SBI by Passbook
- Check Nominee in SBI by Branch Visit
How to Check Nominee in SBI ?
Before we tell you the process to check nomination in SBI Online and Offline, let us tell you what actually nomination is.
What is Nomination in SBI ?
Nomination is a facility that enables a account holder(s) to nominate an individual, who can claim the proceeds of the account(s) (i.e. single / joint accounts as well as accounts of a sole proprietary concern) post the demise of the main account holder(s).
What is the Benefit of Nomination in SBI ?
The benefit of nomination is that in case of death of an account holder(s), the Bank releases the account proceeds to the nominee without insisting upon a Succession Certificate, Letter of Administration or a Court Order.
How to Check Nominee in SBI Online ?
In order to Check Nominee in SBI Internet banking, you need to follow the step by step procedure given below :
1) Login to Online SBI with your Internet Baking Username and Password.
2) Select e-Services option from the Top Menu.
3) Click on the Online Nomination option from the left sidebar.
4) Click on Inquire Nomination option under Online Nomination.
5) Select the Account for which you want to Check the Nominee & Click on Continue.
6) Click on the box corresponding to “I accept the Terms and Conditions” and click on Submit.
As soon as you click on Submit, you can see your Nominee Details which includes Nominee Name, Nominee Address and Nominee Relationship with Depositor.
How to Check Nominee in SBI by Passbook ?
In order to Check Nominee in SBI by Passbook, you can open your Bank Passbook. Apart from other Account Details, the Nominee Details are also mentioned in the Bank Passbook.
Note : Most of the Branches do not update the Nominee Details in the Bank Passbook by themselves. You must insist the Accounts Executive and update your Nominee Details in Bank Passbook.
How to Check Nominee in SBI by Branch Visit ?
In order to Check Nominee in SBI by Branch Visit, you need to follow the step by step procedure given below :
1) Gather your SBI Address and ID Proof Documents.
2) Visit your SBI Home Branch with the Originals of your Address and ID Proof documents. Carry your Bank Passbook as well.
3) Tell the Accounts Executive that you want to Check the Nominee Details of your SBI Account. You will be asked to show your ID/Address proof document and/or your Passbook.
4) Upon validation of your Documents, you will be told the Nominee Details associated with your SBI Account.
Final Words :
You might have noticed that the process to check nominee in SBI is quite easy. A lot of people ignore the Nomination column while filling up SBI Account opening form. After reading this Article, you might have noticed that, at times it is really important to check nominee in SBI . We request every Account holder in SBI to check the nominee of their respective accounts, whenever required.
READ ALSO :