Get New Passbook in Karur Vysya Bank : Karur Vysya Bank is one of the well known banks in India. When you open a new bank account in Karur Vysya Bank, you are provided with Bank Passbook. However, due to various reasons you might want to get a duplicate or new passbook from Karur Vysya Bank. A Bank Passbook has all your personal and banking details alongwith your transactions made. A Bank Passbook also acts as an Proof of Address and is accepted to get any document in India like Passport, Driving License etc. So, if you do not have Karur Vysya Bank Passbook with you, make sure you read this article carefully and follow the process to get a new passbook in Karur Vysya Bank.
You can use this Article to :
1) Apply for a New Karur Vysya Bank Passbook if Lost or Stolen.
2) Apply for a Duplicate Karur Vysya Bank Passbook if Damaged.
2) Apply for an Extra Passbook in Karur Vysya Bank due to Exhaustion of Pages.
Follow the steps mentioned in this article to get a new passbook in Karur Vysya Bank quite easily and quickly.
How to Apply for Karur Vysya Bank Passbook ?
In order to get a duplicate passbook in Karur Vysya Bank, you will have to follow the 3 important steps given below. Let us now begin with the complete procedure for getting a new passbook in Karur Vysya Bank.
1) Write an Application addressing the Karur Vysya Bank Branch Manager
First step is to write an application on a plain piece of paper as shown below.
Karur Vysya Bank,
(Name of the Branch),
(Name of the City)
Subject : Application to Issue a Duplicate Passbook for Savings Account No. (Enter your Account Number)
My name is (Enter Your Name) and I have a savings account with your Branch. I am sorry to inform you that I have lost my passbook (Mention your Reason like due to exhaustion of pages, due to damaged passbook etc.). I request you to issue a duplicate copy of Bank Passbook to me at the earliest.
I have attached my Identity and Address Proof Documents with this application.
(Name of the Account Holder)
(Signature of the Account Holder)
2) Gather the Address and Identity Proof Documents
Gather the Karur Vysya Bank Identity and Address Proof Documents which you need to submit alongwith the Application written in (1) above.
3) Submit the Application and Documents to Karur Vysya Bank Home Branch
Once you have the application, identity & address proof documents with you, visit your home branch and submit these three at the earliest.
This is the complete process to apply and get new bank passbook in Karur Vysya Bank. Upon verification of your signature in application and your Address and Identity proof documents, bank will hand over the new passbook to you.
Important Things to Check before you Walk out of the Branch with your Passbook
1) Once you get your Bank Passbook from Karur Vysya Bank, don’t forget to check whether it has a bar code or not. A Bar Code is required to update the entries through Passbook Printing Machine. If your passbook does not have the Bar Code, you will not be able to update your transactions on your Passbook by Passbook Printing Machine.
2) Check whether your Name, Address and other details are printed correctly on the Karur Vysya Bank Passbook or not. If not, you must get them corrected immediately.
3) It is always good to have your Karur Vysya Bank Passbook Photo Attested. Photo Attestation of a Passbook means your Photograph must be pasted in your Passbook and must be cross signed and stamped by your Branch. A Photo Attested Passbook is required usually for Property related transactions like while buying or selling a property.
Read Also : How to Block Lost ATM Card in Karur Vysya Bank ?
Final Words :
You must have noticed that getting a Duplicate Passbook from Karur Vysya Bank is easy and can be done within 15-20 minutes after you reach your Home Branch with your Application, Proof of Address and Identity documents. It is suggested that you check each and every detail on the passbook before you finally move out of your Branch. At a later stage it may take some extra time to change these details.
READ ALSO :