Link Aadhaar Card with SBI Bank Account : Aadhaar Card is an important Card issued by UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) in accordance with Government of India. Not only it serves as a Proof of Identity and Address, it also serves various other important purposes. If you did not link your Aadhaar Card while opening a new account in SBI, you can do it at any point of time. You do not need to submit any documents if you link your Aadhaar with SBI Account Online, by SMS or by SBI ATM. However, if you update or link your Aadhaar with SBI Bank Account by visiting the Branch, you may be asked for a photostat copy of Aadhaar Card.
Benefits of Linking Aadhaar Card to SBI Bank Account :
- Direct Benefits Transfer (DBTL).
- Subsidy for Commodity Products.
- Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee (MNREGA).
- Tribal Welfare Schemes.
- Country Wide Access.
In this Article, we will tell you :
- How to link Aadhaar Card with SBI Bank Account Online ?
- How to link Aadhaar Card with SBI Bank Account by SMS ?
- How to link Aadhaar Card with SBI Bank Account by SBI ATM ?
- How to link Aadhaar Card with SBI Bank Account by Branch Visit ?
How to Link Aadhaar Card with SBI Bank Account ?
Let us first begin with the procedure to link Aadhaar Card with SBI Account Online. We also call this process of link Aadhaar as ‘Aadhaar Seeding’.
Steps to Link Aadhaar Card with SBI Account Online
In order to link your Aadhaar Number with SBI Account Online, you need to follow the steps given below :
1) Login to your Online SBI Internet Banking Account (https://www.onlinesbi.com/).
2) After Signing into your Internet Banking Account, click on ‘Link your Aadhaar Number’ on the Left Sidebar (As shown below).
3) Complete the process of Aadhaar Registration in your SBI Account by filling the details :
- Enter your valid 12 digit Aadhaar Number (As printed on your Aadhaar Card).
- Re-enter your valid 12 digit Aadhaar Number.
- Click on Submit button.
As soon as you click on Submit button, you will receive an OTP on your Registered Mobile Number.
4) Enter the OTP in the space provided for One Time Password and click on Submit.
Finally, you will be able to see your Reference Number for Aadhaar Seeding with SBI Bank Account. This reference number can be used for any communication with the bank about Aadhaar Seeding.
Note : All the information is mandatory. This process can be used only if you have a Net Banking Account in SBI.
Read Also : How to Activate Net Banking in SBI ?
Steps to Link Aadhaar Card with SBI Bank Account by SMS
In order to update or link Aadhaar Card with SBI Account by SMS, you need to Send SMS to 567676 in the following format :
UID<Space>Aadhaar Number<Space>Account Number
1) If your Mobile Number is registered with SBI : You will get SMS from SBI that your Aadhaar has been linked with your SBI Bank Account.
2) If your Mobile Number is not registered with SBI : You will get SMS from SBI that your Aadhaar will be linked after verification.
3) If your Aadhaar is already linked to your SBI Bank Account : You will get SMS from SBI that your Aadhaar is already linked to your SBI Bank Account.
Note : Aadhaar Number will only be linked to your SBI Bank Account after proper verification with UIDAI. You will be notified by SMS once your Aadhaar Number is linked to SBI Account.
Steps to Link Aadhaar Card with SBI Bank Account by SBI ATM
In order to link your Aadhaar Card with SBI Account by SBI ATM, you need to visit any SBI ATM.
1) Swipe your ATM Card and Enter your 4 Digit PIN.
2) Click on Services Option.
3) Click on Registrations Option.
4) Select Aadhaar Registration Option.
5) Select the Type of Account (Savings Account/Current Account).
6) Enter your Aadhaar Number.
7) Re-Enter your Aadhaar Number & Confirm.
Note : Upon successful completion of your transaction, your will also get a transaction slip.
Steps to Link Aadhaar Card with SBI Bank Account by Branch Visit
In order to update or link Aadhaar Card with SBI Account by Branch Visit, you need to visit your SBI Home Branch and follow the steps given below :
1) Visit the SBI Home Branch with Self Attested copy of your Aadhaar Card.
2) Collect the Aadhaar Seeding form from the Counter and fill it up completely.
Alternately, you can : Download Linking of Aadhaar / UID Number Form
3) Submit the Aadhaar Seeding form along with Self Attested copy of Aadhaar Card.
Note : You will be notified by SMS once your Aadhaar Number is linked to SBI Account.
Final Words :
You can use any of the 4 Methods given above to Link your Aadhaar Card with SBI Bank Account. I found that linking Aadhaar by Online SBI Portal through Internet Banking and by SMS are the quickest methods of all. Some people might find other methods easier. It is totally upto your convenience.
READ ALSO :