Open Bank Account in Andhra Bank : Andhra Bank is one of the largest, trustworthy and a growing bank in India. If you plan to open a new bank account, one option must be Andhra Bank. Opening a Bank Account in Andhra Bank is not just visiting the Branch and getting your Bank Account opened immediately. There are a few formalities which you must complete to get a Andhra Bank Account. Also, you must know about the eligibility criteria to open a new bank account in Andhra Bank. Knowing all these things beforehand is a good thing, as you need to prepare yourself to apply for a bank account in Andhra Bank.
How to Open a Bank Account in Andhra Bank ?
Before we move ahead to know the procedure to open a bank account in Andhra Bank, let us first know about the eligibility to open Andhra Bank Account.
Eligibility to Open a Bank Account in Andhra Bank
Before you make a visit to Andhra Bank, it’s a good thing to check whether you meet all the criteria for opening an account with Andhra Bank. Most of the Andhra Bank Branches will require the following :
1) Applicant must be an Indian Citizen.
2) Applicant must be over 18 years of age(Except Minor Account).
4) Applicant should have a Guarantor who has a Bank Account in the same branch of Andhra Bank (Sometimes not needed).
5) Applicant must have minimum deposit amount for the Account(Not applicable for some accounts). For Example :- Rs.1000 is required to open a normal Savings Account in Andhra Bank.
Types of Bank Accounts offered by Andhra Bank
Once you know that you are eligible to open a bank account in Andhra Bank, you must choose the account that best suits your need. Here is a list of some of the main types of Bank Accounts that are being offered by Andhra Bank.
1) AB Diamond Savings Bank Account : This type of account is created exclusively for high-paid salaried employees of well known corporate, central and state governments. It can be called as special account offered for individuals who have high net worth, this account gives you a wide range of advantages.
2) AB Platinum Savings Bank Account : This account is quite similar to AB Diamond SB Account but it has some added advantages like like priority locker allotment and unlimited cheque book facility.
3) AB Kiddy Bank : This is an exclusive savings account scheme for minors who are in the age group of 10 to 18 years. The minimum balance requirement in this type of Account is Rs.100 and deposits in this account can be made from any branch of Andhra Bank.
4) AB Easy Savings No Frills Account : This no-frills account is actually an elementary savings account scheme that comes along with no extra service charges as well as it has no restrictions on the number of withdrawals from the account. You just need to maintain a minimum balance of Rs.5.
5) Abhaya SB Account : This type of account comes along with personal accident insurance cover against death or permanent/partial disability which is up to Rs.50,000 per person. This account can be held either jointly or solely.
6) Abhaya Gold SB Account : This type of Andhra Bank Account comes along with insurance cover of Rs.1 lakh per person which covers death or permanent/partial disability. The premium is fixed at Rs.45 per person.
7) AB Super Salary SB Account : This is a zero-balance account specially meant for salaried employees of reputed company/organization. This account comes along with benefits like free internet banking, free ATM, debit and credit card, sweep and reverse sweep facilities and many other exclusive benefits.
8) Current Account : Current Account is Bank Account provided to a business entity like Partnership firm, Limited Companies, Pvt. Ltd. Companies etc.
Read Also : Types of Joint Accounts in India
Steps to Open a Bank Account in Andhra Bank
Once you have checked your eligibility and made up your mind with one of the bank accounts, you can proceed with the steps to open Andhra Bank Account.
1) Gather the required KYC Documents : The first and the foremost thing to do is to gather all the necessary KYC documents to open a Bank Account in Andhra Bank. You will need to provide the photostat copies of your Address Proof, Identity Proof, PAN Card, 2 Passport Size Photographs. Also, you would be required to produce the originals during verification process.
2) Collect & Fill Account Opening Form : Once you have gathered all the documents, you need to collect Andhra Bank Account Opening Form from any branch of Andhra Bank. Fill up Andhra Bank Account Opening Form completely and put your signature wherever required. You can also take help of Andhra Bank Officials if you have problem in filling up the form. You can also apply for Internet Banking and Mobile Banking through this form. However, you need to activate Andhra Bank internet banking and mobile banking separately.
3) Visit the Branch : After you have the duly filled Andhra Bank Account Opening form and the necessary KYC Documents, you need to visit the Andhra Bank Branch in which you want to open your Bank Account.
4) Verification of Form & Documents : Talk to the Accounts Person or the Branch Manager about the Verification of form and KYC documents for new bank account. You will then be sent the concerned person for verification of form and the documents. Once the verification process is complete, you can proceed to the next step.
5) Submit Minimum Deposit Amount : Submit the minimum deposit amount by filling up the cash voucher by entering the amount as per the bank account you opted for. Example : – Rs.1000 in case of a Regular Savings Bank Account. You need to write New Account in place of your name in the cash deposit voucher.
6) Collect Passbook and ATM Card : Finally, you will be getting your Andhra Bank Passbook and ATM-cum-Debit Card with your ATM Pin. Your ATM will take 1-2 days to get activated and your first transaction should be done by using Andhra Bank ATM only. If you want a custom ATM Card with your name on it, you need to apply for it separately.
Note : If you have applied of a Cheque Book and/or Internet Banking, then you will be getting your Cheque Book and Internet Banking credentials by post at your registered address.
Good Practices after you get a Bank Account in Andhra Bank
1) If you can memorize your Bank Details, PINs and Passwords , it’s a good idea to commit the following information to your memory so that you don’t need to rely on the documents in the future.
2) To make it more safe, Make a note of your Account Number, ATM Card no., PIN etc at a safe and secure location.
3) Save Andhra Bank Customer Care Number in your mobile phone.
4) Contact Andhra Bank customer care in case of any mishap with your Bank Account or if you have lost ATM card. If you think your account information has fallen into wrong hands, you must call or visit Andhra Bank to request to block your account or a particular service on your account to prevent unauthorized use.
Read Also : How to Block Andhra Bank ATM Card ?
Things you must know before opening a bank account in Andhra Bank
You must know some important things before you apply for a bank account in Andhra Bank. You can clear the queries mentioned below at any Andhra Bank Branch or by calling Andhra Bank Customer Care Numbers.
- Is there a monthly/quarterly fee for maintaining this Account in Andhra Bank ? If so, what is it?
- Is there a minimum balance that I must keep within this Andhra Bank account? If so, what is it? What sorts of fees have to paid if I go under that limit?
- What is the interest rate of my Andhra Bank Account? How often is the interest generated ?
- Is there any limit to the amount of transactions per month (deposits/withdrawals, ATM uses)?
- Where all can I withdraw cash without paying any extra fees ?
- What is the fee for using other than Andhra Bank ATM ?
Andhra Bank Customer Care Numbers
At any point of time, you need help from Andhra Bank Customer Care department, you can reach them on the Toll Free number given below.
Toll Free Numbers : 1800 425 1515
READ ALSO :