Open Bank Account in HDFC Bank : HDFC Bank is one of the largest and trustworthy banks in India. If you plan to open a new bank account, one of your Option must be HDFC Bank. Opening a Bank Account in HDFC Bank involves a few formalities. Also, you must know about the eligibility criteria to open a new bank account in HDFC Bank. Knowing all these things beforehand is a good thing, as you need to prepare yourself to apply for a bank account in HDFC Bank.
How to Open a Bank Account in HDFC Bank ?
Before we move ahead to know the procedure to open a bank account in HDFC Bank, let us first know about the eligibility to open HDFC Bank Account.
Eligibility to Open a Bank Account in HDFC Bank
Before you make a visit to HDFC Bank, it’s a good thing to check whether you meet all the criteria for opening an account with HDFC Bank. Most of the HDFC Bank Branches will require the following :
1) Applicant must be an Indian Citizen.
2) Applicant must be over 18 years of age(Except Minor Account).
3) Applicant must have the necessary KYC Documents to open HDFC Bank Account. Usually Proof of Address, Proof of Identity and PAN Card is required.
4) Applicant must have minimum deposit amount for the Account(Not applicable for some accounts). For Example :- Rs.10,000 is required to open a regular Savings Account in HDFC Bank.
Types of Bank Accounts offered by HDFC Bank
Once you know that you are eligible to open a bank account in HDFC Bank, you must choose the account that best suits your need. Here is a list of Bank Accounts that are being offered by HDFC Bank.
1) SavingsMax Account : This Account can help you earn Higher interest on funds that are lying idle, by using the automatic sweep out facility.
2) Regular Savings Account : This is the most commonly opened bank account and is designed for all your day to day banking requirements.
3) Women’s Savings Account : This account is created only for women and it provides complete banking solution for her financial, lifestyle and investment needs.
4) Kid’s Advantage Account : This account is designed for kids to develop money management skills. This Account helps you accumulate savings for your child’s future.
5) Senior Citizens Account : This savings account is created for the convenience of senior citizens and it provides benefits in relation to health, investment, and many other day to day banking solutions.
6) Family Savings Group Account : This savings account can be termed as a complete banking solution for your entire family, with all the benefits coming from a single account.
7) Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account : This is a zero balance account which comes along with free ATM/debit card, which meets all your banking needs.
8) Institutional Savings Account : This is a Zero balance savings account and is opened for for Trusts, Societies, Associations, Clubs, NGOs etc.
9) BSBDA Small Account : This is a zero balance savings account which is opened with a free ATM card, that allows you to access HDFC’s large ATM network across India to help meet all your banking needs.
10) Current Account : Current Account is Bank Account provided to a business entity like Partnership firm, Limited Companies, Pvt. Ltd. Companies etc.
Read Also : Types of Joint Accounts in India
Steps to Open a Bank Account in HDFC Bank
Once you have checked your eligibility and made up your mind with one of the bank accounts, you can proceed with the steps to open HDFC Bank Account.
1) Gather the required KYC Documents : The first and the foremost thing to do is to gather all the necessary KYC documents to open a Bank Account in HDFC Bank. You will need to provide the photostat copies of your Address Proof, Identity Proof, PAN Card, 2 Passport Size Photographs. Also, you would be required to produce the originals during verification process.
2) Collect & Fill Account Opening Form : Once you have gathered all the documents, you need to collect HDFC Bank Account Opening Form from any branch of HDFC Bank. Fill up HDFC Bank Account Opening Form completely and put your signature wherever required. You can also take help of HDFC Bank Officials if you have problem in filling up the form. You can also apply for Internet Banking and Mobile Banking through this form. However, you need to activate HDFC Bank internet banking and mobile banking separately.
3) Visit the Branch : After you have the duly filled HDFC Bank Account Opening form and the necessary KYC Documents, you need to visit the HDFC Bank Branch in which you want to open your Bank Account.
4) Verification of Form & Documents : Talk to the Accounts Person or the Branch Manager about the Verification of form and KYC documents for new bank account. You will then be sent the concerned person for verification of form and the documents. Once the verification process is complete, you can proceed to the next step.
5) Submit Minimum Deposit Amount : Submit the minimum deposit amount by filling up the cash voucher by entering the amount as per the bank account you opted for. Example : – Rs.10,000 in case of a Regular Savings Bank Account. You need to write New Account in place of your name in the cash deposit voucher.
6) Collect ATM Card & Other Documents : Finally, you will be getting your HDFC Bank ATM-cum-Debit Card with your ATM Pin. Your ATM will take 1-2 days to get activated and your first transaction should be done by using HDFC Bank ATM only. If you want a custom ATM Card with your name on it, you need to apply for it separately.
Note : If you have applied for a HDFC Bank Cheque Book and/or Internet Banking, then you will be getting your Cheque Book and Internet Banking credentials as well.
Good Practices after you get a Bank Account in HDFC Bank
1) If you can memorize your Bank Details, PINs and Passwords , it’s a good idea to commit the following information to your memory so that you don’t need to rely on the documents in the future.
2) To make it more safe, Make a note of your Account Number, ATM Card no.,PIN etc at a safe and secure location.
3) Save HDFC Bank Customer Care Number in your mobile phone.
4) Contact HDFC Bank customer care in case of any mishap with your Bank Account or if you have lost ATM card. If you think your account information has fallen into wrong hands, you must call or visit HDFC Bank to request to block your account or a particular service on your account to prevent unauthorized use.
Read Also : How to Block HDFC Bank ATM Card ?
Things you must know before opening a bank account in HDFC Bank
You must know some important things before you apply for a bank account in HDFC Bank. You can clear the queries mentioned below at any HDFC Bank Branch or by calling HDFC Bank Customer Care Numbers.
- Is there a monthly/quarterly fee for maintaining this Account in HDFC Bank ? If so, what is it?
- Is there a minimum balance that I must keep within this HDFC Bank account? If so, what is it? What sorts of fees have to be paid if I go under that limit?
- What is the interest rate of my HDFC Bank Account? How often is the interest generated ?
- Is there any limit to the amount of transactions per month (deposits/withdrawals, ATM uses)?
- Where all can I withdraw cash without paying any extra fees ?
- What is the fee for using other than HDFC Bank ATM ?
HDFC Bank Customer Care Numbers
At any point of time, you need help from HDFC Bank Customer Care department, you can reach them by clicking on the link below and selecting the number of your State.
READ ALSO :