Transfer South Indian Bank Account from One Branch to Another : South Indian Bank is a well known bank in India. If you already have a bank account in South Indian Bank, you can transfer your South Indian Bank Account at any point of time. Everyone have their own reason to transfer South Indian Bank account from one branch to another. The most common reason to transfer South Indian Bank account might be due to change of address from one place to another i.e., relocation within the same city or to any other city in India. Please note that Branch Transfer in South Indian Bank is free of cost and does not take more than 10 minutes after you visit the South Indian Bank Branch. Today, we will tell you the step by step procedure to transfer South Indian Bank Account from One Branch to Another.
How to Transfer South Indian Bank Account to another Branch ?
Before we tell you about the process to transfer your South Indian Bank Account, do remember to gather all the documents mentioned below.
Documents Required to Transfer South Indian Bank Account Branch
Let us have a look at the important documents needed for South Indian Bank Account Transfer.
1) Branch Transfer Application : Write an application to the Branch Manager stating that you have an Account with the Branch and you want to transfer the Account to [Branch Name] in [City Name]. Also, mention other details of your Bank Account like your Name on Account & Account Number. Do remember that your Name should be exactly the same as mentioned in your Bank Account.
2) Address Proof : A self attested copy of Address Proof is also needed. Address Proof documents accepted by South Indian Bank are Aadhaar Card, Election/Voter Card, Indian Passport, Bank Passbook etc.
Read Also : Documents for South Indian Bank Account
3) PAN Card : An attested copy of Pan Card will also be required.
4) Bank Passbook : Your South Indian Bank Account Passbook in Original may also be required. Just in case bank officials require your passbook, it is suggested to keep it with you while visiting the bank.
Steps to Transfer South Indian Bank Account from One Branch to Another
Once you have gathered all the required documents for South Indian Bank account transfer, you need to follow certain steps to complete the process to transfer South Indian Bank Account.
The Steps to transfer South Indian Bank Account from One Branch to Another are as follows :
1) Visit the South Indian Bank Home Branch (Where you currently maintain your South Indian Bank Account) with all the documents mentioned above.
2) Submit your Documents to the Accounts Executive or the Branch Manager along with the Application of Branch Transfer. If required, you may need to show your Bank Passbook to the Branch Manager. Normally an Account is transferred to another South Indian Bank branch within 1-3 business days.
3) Visit the new South Indian Bank Branch where your account has been transferred with the self attested copy of Address Proof & Pan Card. Also, carry the originals of these documents including Bank Passbook as you will need to show it to the Accounts Executive.
4) Show the original documents mentioned in Step 3 to the Accounts Executive and submit the copy of the documents.
5) Once the Accounts person confirms the transfer of your Branch, update your Postal Address on South Indian Bank Passbook (In Case your Address in Changed).
Final Words :
A lot of applicants tend to delay this procedure thinking that it would consume a lot of time. The procedure to transfer South Indian Bank account from one branch to another is quite easy and does not take more than 10 minutes once you reach your South Indian Bank Branch. So, don’t think too much and start collecting the required documents in order to transfer your South Indian Bank Account Branch.
READ ALSO :