Update PAN Card in HDFC Bank : PAN Card is a Card issued by Income Tax Department of India. It is used for a lot of important financial transactions. Usually, when you open a new bank account in HDFC Bank, you need to mention your PAN while filling up the HDFC Bank Account Opening Form. In cases where the applicant does not have a PAN Card, he can fill up Form 60/61 in the form. Also, he must mention the reason why he does not possess a PAN Card. At a later stage, if a HDFC Bank Account holder wants to update his PAN Card in HDFC Bank Account he can do so by visiting the branch with the required documents. Today, we will guide you through the step by step procedure to link PAN Card with HDFC Bank Account.
Few Important Uses of PAN Card are for :
- Buying or Selling immovable properties.
- Buying an Automobile.
- Preparing a Bank draft, pay order or a cheque.
- Buying shares of value more than Rs. 1 lakh.
- Depositing funds more than Rs. 50000 at once.
- Opening a new account, may it be a Savings or a Current Account.
- Opening a DMAT Account.
- Applying for a Credit Card.
- Proof of Identity.
Read Also : What is a PAN Card & its Uses ?
In this Article, we will tell you how to :
- Update PAN Card in HDFC Bank Account Online
- Update PAN Card in HDFC Bank Account by Phone
- Update PAN Card in HDFC Bank Account by Branch Visit
How to Update PAN Card in HDFC Bank Account ?
Before we know the process to update PAN Card in HDFC Bank Account, we must know the consequences of not updating PAN details with HDFC Bank.
What if I do not Update PAN Details in my HDFC Bank Account ?
You are requested to Update the PAN details in your HDFC Bank Account.
- If you do not update valid PAN details with HDFC Bank, tax will be deducted from the interest earned on your deposits.
- If you have a PAN allotted to you and you do not update the details with HDFC Bank, you will not be able to obtain your Tax Deduction at Source Certificate (Form 16) from HDFC Bank.
Steps to Update PAN Card in HDFC Bank Online
In order to Update or Link your PAN Card details in HDFC Bank Online, you need to follow the steps given below.
1) Login to HDFC Bank Internet Banking Account using your Customer ID and Password (IPIN).
2) Click on Request option on the left sidebar. Under Request, click on Add/Update PAN Number.
3) Enter your PAN Card No. in the space provided and click on Continue.
4) Finally, Click on Confirm.
As soon as you click on Confirm, your PAN Card No. will be updated in your HDFC Bank Account.
Steps to Update PAN Card in HDFC Bank by Phone
In order to Update or Link your PAN Card details in HDFC Bank Account by Phone, you need to follow the steps given below.
1) Make a Call on HDFC bank customer care of your State and follow the IVR process.
2) Once you are connected to the Customer Care executive, tell him that you want to link your PAN with your account.
3) Follow the complete process and provide all the account details like bank account number, ATM card number and your residential address.
4) Once these details are verified by Executive, tell your PAN Card number and complete the process.
Your PAN Number will be linked to the HDFC account within 2 working days. A notification via SMS and email will be sent.
Steps to Update PAN Card in HDFC Bank by Branch Visit
In order to Update or Link your PAN Card details in HDFC Bank Account by Branch Visit, you need to follow the steps given below.
1) Visit the HDFC Bank Branch where you maintain your Account.
2) Collect the KYC Form from the Bank to Update your PAN details.
Alternatively, you can : Download HDFC Bank KYC Details Change Form (For Individuals)
3) Fill the KYC Form and put your Signature where needed.
4) Submit the following mandatory Documents at your HDFC Bank Branch :
- KYC Details Change Form.
- Self Attested Photostat copy of PAN Card.
- A Letter to the Branch Manager in regards to Updation of PAN Card in your HDFC Bank Account.
Important Note : Please carry original PAN Card while visiting the HDFC Bank Branch as it may be verified.
Final Words :
It is really important for every Account Holder to link PAN Card with HDFC Bank Account. The process does not take more 2-3 minutes if you do it online and about 10-15 minutes if you do it by visiting the HDFC Bank Branch. It is necessary to update PAN details to obtain your TDS from the Bank. Also, make sure you update the correct PAN details so that the tax doesn’t get deducted from the interest earned on the deposits in your HDFC Bank Account.
READ ALSO :