Update PAN Card in ICICI Bank : PAN Card is a Card issued by Income Tax Department of India. It is used for a lot of important financial transactions. Usually, when you open a new bank account in ICICI Bank, you need to mention your PAN while filling up the ICICI Bank Account Opening Form. In cases where the applicant does not have a PAN Card, he can fill up Form 60/61 in the form. Also, he must mention the reason why he does not possess a PAN Card. At a later stage, if a ICICI Bank Account holder wants to update his PAN Card in ICICI Bank Account he can do so by visiting the branch with the required documents. Today, we will guide you through the step by step procedure to link PAN Card with ICICI Bank Account.
Few Important Uses of PAN Card are for :
- Buying or Selling immovable properties.
- Buying an Automobile.
- Preparing a Bank draft, pay order or a cheque.
- Buying shares of value more than Rs. 1 lakh.
- Depositing funds more than Rs. 50000 at once.
- Opening a new account, may it be a Savings or a Current Account.
- Opening a DMAT Account.
- Applying for a Credit Card.
- Proof of Identity.
Read Also : What is a PAN Card & its Uses ?
In this Article, we will tell you how to :
- Update PAN Card in ICICI Bank Account Online
- Update PAN Card in ICICI Bank Account by Phone
- Update PAN Card in ICICI Bank Account by Branch Visit
How to Update PAN Card in ICICI Bank Account ?
Before we know the process to update PAN Card in ICICI Bank Account, we must know the consequences of not updating PAN details with ICICI Bank.
What if I do not Update PAN Details in my ICICI Bank Account ?
You are requested to Update the PAN details in your ICICI Bank Account.
- If you do not update valid PAN details with ICICI Bank, tax will be deducted from the interest earned on your deposits.
- If you have a PAN allotted to you and you do not update the details with ICICI Bank, you will not be able to obtain your Tax Deduction at Source Certificate (Form 16) from ICICI Bank.
Steps to Update PAN Card in ICICI Bank Online
In order to Update or Link your PAN Card details in ICICI Bank Online, you need to follow the steps given below.
1) Login to ICICI internet banking using your User ID and Login Password.
2) Click on “Service Requests” option at the left side of your window.
3) Now, Select “PAN Card Updation” option.
4) Provide your PAN card number, date of birth on PAN Card and your registered E-mail ID and complete the process.
Once this is done your PAN Card will be linked to with ICICI Bank account within 2 working days.
Steps to Update PAN Card in ICICI Bank by Phone
In order to Update or Link your PAN Card details in ICICI Bank Account by Phone, you need to follow the steps given below.
1) Make a Call on ICICI bank customer care at 1800 102 4242 and follow the IVR process.
2) Once you are connected to the Customer Care executive, tell him that you want to link your PAN with your account.
3) Follow the complete process and provide all the account details like bank account number, ATM card number and your residential address.
4) Once these details are verified by Executive, tell your PAN Card number and complete the process.
Your PAN Number will be linked to the ICICI account within 2 working days. A notification via SMS and email will be sent.
Steps to Update PAN Card in ICICI Bank by Branch Visit
In order to Update or Link your PAN Card details in ICICI Bank Account by Branch Visit, you need to follow the steps given below.
1) Visit the ICICI Bank Branch where you maintain your Account.
2) Collect the KYC Form from the Bank to Update your PAN details.
Alternatively, you can : Download ICICI Bank KYC Details Change Form (For Individuals)
3) Fill the KYC Form and put your Signature where needed.
4) Submit the following mandatory Documents at your ICICI Bank Branch :
- KYC Details Change Form.
- Self Attested Photostat copy of PAN Card.
- A Letter to the Branch Manager in regards to Updation of PAN Card in your ICICI Bank Account.
Important Note : Please carry original PAN Card while visiting the ICICI Bank Branch as it may be verified.
Final Words :
It is really important for every Account Holder to link PAN Card with ICICI Bank Account. The process does not take more 2-3 minutes if you do it online and about 10-15 minutes if you do it by visiting the ICICI Bank Branch. It is necessary to update PAN details to obtain your TDS from the Bank. Also, make sure you update the correct PAN details so that the tax doesn’t get deducted from the interest earned on the deposits in your ICICI Bank Account.
READ ALSO :